Thursday, October 16, 2003

Activism Gone Too Far...



Let me explain this... The sticker above says 'Cruelty Free Circus'. Last week I got a bunch of materials (including the above stickers) for a group that protests circus' as cruel to animals. I'm actually torn as to whether to support an organization like this or enjoy the circus. I really do think that circus' and other types of entertainment venues that force animals to perform are cruel, I'm not even all that keen on zoos... But I have to admit I do love to see the circus and the zoo. So I'm a hypocritical animal rights protester. Anyway, the little people have LOVED the info from the anti-circus people - especially the stickers! Tonight after the little people were off to bed, hubby said "Judy... Look at your cat." I did. The laughter was great. I told him to put the cat down for now, I had to get a picture before we pulled that off. Notice the pissy cat expression. Lucky for Sunshine the sticker came off pretty easily - one swift yank by me, and since she has been getting her winter coat in, she didn't really loose a noticeable amount of fur. And the lesson for tonight... Cats are NOT a good place for a bumper sticker!

No comments: