Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Incoherent Ramblings

Yesterday my hot, hunky, super sexy (imaginary) boyfriend Antonio whisked me off in his private plane to spend the day with him down at the beach. We walked on the beach and ate lobster and drank expensive wine for lunch at this quaint little restaurant. We discussed where to spend our vacation between interruptions by calls from his business associates. Gosh I hate cell phones in times like these. I finally persuaded him to turn off his cell phone in the afternoon - I reasoned that we had to head back around 6 pm since he had a dinner meeting at 7 pm and I had to pick up my kids from the nanny. We dipped our toes in the gulf one more time before jetting back up here. It was delightful.

OK, REALLY... I went to my sisters house to hang out.

*Little break from my rambling - hubby just headed up to bed after doing the dishes, he called me to come upstairs. In front of his room was our oldest asleep on the floor. It was very cute. He picked her up and put her back in bed.

I left her house with just enough time to go by the gas station and get some gas before picking up hubby from work right at 5 pm. I drive into Dallas and pull off the freeway to get gas. As I sit at the pump and dig through my purse which my two children have recently rearranged by taking the contents out of my wallet and dumping into my purse, I realized that I do NOT have my bank card in my purse, so I can NOT get gas here. I express my displeasure to the little people and drive to the nearest grocery store praying that I have enough gas to get me there. In the store I remember that the 13th was Columbus Day and the instore bank will be closed like every other bank - this all comes to me as I stare blankly at the mesh gate pulled down infront of the bank counter. *sigh* Well I need milk anyway. We quickly walk toward the milk area but I get side tracked as I see WINE. Ahhhhh yes! We are in Dallas and THAT means I can BUY WINE! (I live in a dry area) A detour down the wine area, two bottles of cheap wine, back to the milk area then off to check out. I briefly wonder what the checker thinks as I place my two bottles of wine and two gallons of milk on the counter. (yeah and if she had given me a dirty look I probably would have said "What? I got to have something to drink too!") I write a check for my beverages and write it for $15 over so I can fill my tank. Off to the gas station. My car is filled with $13. When I get back in the car after paying I see that Super Girl has something, I ask what it is, we negotiate briefly and I discover she has a container of gum... A container of gum she STOLE from the store. I'm crushed. My initial urge is to go back to the store and make her pay for the gum and apologize for stealing it but I'm now late and in dire fear of getting caught in rush hour traffic. Super Girl is chastised, we zip off to get hubby, he's not to irritated that we are 20 minutes late thankfully. As we are bringing in stuff from the trunk (D gave me LOTS of things to take with me) some of the neighbor kids are hanging around. One little boy maybe 7 or 8 insists on telling me that his brother likes my daughter. This makes me want to giggle. Super Girl has an admirer. Hubby gives some of the local kids a few of the candy bars that are in the box of things and instantly makes friends with them. I made pizza for dinner while hubby explained to Super Girl why stealing is BAD. The kids went to bed without a fuss and hubby and I headed off to bed early (for us) as we were both just beat. About midnight I woke and saw a light under my door. I wondered if I had forgotten to turn off my fish tank light and got up. The kitchen light was on and Super Girl was coming out of the kitchen. I asked her why she was out of bed, she said something about wanting to sleep with me then said she was thirsty. I let her have a couple of sips of the milk she had just poured and took her back to bed with me - which means I didn't get all that much sleep. Sleeping with a wiggly 4 year old can NEVER be described as restful (on a side note when I was a little kid and we would visit our great grand mother she would always have us sleep with her, and she would be up at the crack of dawn making breakfast the next morning - I always wondered how she could do that with out an alarm clock... Well now I know...) This morning I discovered my fish food by the fish tank and food scattered on the tank cover so apparently super girl had tried to feed the fish as well as get a drink.

Off to bed now... tired... have to do laundry tomorrow... I mean I have to spend the day with Antonio... ;o)

No comments: