Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Talking Turkey

This is the e-mail I sent to hubby

I stopped at Brookshires to get a turkey but they had a pitifully small selection of turkeys at an outrageous price (Butterball at $2 a lb!). So off to Albertsons. I saw that if you spent $25 the turkey would be $.69 a lb. OK, no Biggs. I needed to buy the stuff for Thanksgiving with your dad anyway - and stuff to make pumpkin bread and a mummy desert. This is what I got
Stuffing, marshmallows, powered sugar, brown sugar, cranberries (jellied like you like), (2)peas, olives, (2)instant potatoes, chocolate chips, coca powder, salad dressing (ranch), pumpkin, yams, butter, (2)vanilla, cream cheese, (2)flour, cooking oil, (2)sugar and of course the turkey.

I only got one turkey because the smallest turkey they had was 20 lbs, so I got the biggest one I could find which was 22.26 lbs. Normally the turkey cost $.99 a lb. which was $22.04 - but after my turkey discount it cost $3.12!!! No I'm not mistaken, the checker took off $18.92 for the turkey. I paid $.14 a lb for the turkey!!!

So my total was $28.90.

I rock! ;o)




This year we are doing Thanksgiving twice - once this Saturday then next Thursday. We aren't doing it twice because we love Thanksgiving so damn much, but because we have been invited to have Thanksgiving with hubby's brother and family this Saturday since they will all be with hubby's inlaws on Thanksgiving. Then we are doing a small Thanksgiving with hubby's dad on Thanksgiving since he will be alone as his wife will probably still be in the hospital recovering from hip replacement surgery.

I'm not really all that big on Thanksgiving but I do love to cook and that means I get to cook a turkey! I'm doing the turkey because sis-in-law makes a horrid turkey - sorry, it's true.. Think dry and tasteless. Woohoo! I get to cook a turkey!!!!

No comments: