Friday, November 21, 2003

Turkey Status

We are now entering hour three for cooking of the turkey.

After the timer went off at the end of hour two I took the turkey out of the oven and turned it over , which was a total bitch to do... I mean when was the last time you turned over a 22 lb turkey in a flimsy tin pan? I could not find my big meat fork - not that it really would have helped - so I had to turn that bird over with my HANDS - yes one bare hand and one oven mit (part of the turkey was not to freaking hot and other parts were freaking hot). I managed to bend said flimsy pan in the process, but I did get the bird over so the breast can start browning. I also seasoned that side of the turkey and started teh gibblets to cooking (ya know, gibblet gravey). Two more hours and this bird should be done.

No comments: