Monday, January 05, 2004

Really Super Girl

Today was spent in utter chaos - well actually just the afternoon - and really only from 1:30 - 3:30 pm. I had wait that long in a room full of wild children to get Super Girl her shots. Short staff was the reason I believe for the torureous wait. The worst part is that some people of a certain ethnic group tend to NOT discipline their children. When we got there the group of wild animals... I mean children was bout 6 or 8 including the little people, they were in the area that had a large wooden box thing with pegs and beads and a chalk board thing the kids could play with. There were also two kid side tables and chairs back there also. The natives... I mean kids... Played relatively quietly for about 20 minutes then various helions... Kids... Started to run around the room - this included the little people. I grabbed the little people and told them in no uncertain terms what I would do to them if they did not quiet down and stop running. One other mother tried to deal with her monster (kid) but he really wasn't paying any attention to her and she wasn't being very consistent, so he kept running and screaming through the room. Fabulous. Eventually MORE people came and a few left, meaning MORE kids. Ugh. Two little boys were even more undisciplined than the other child (who by now had left). The parent of these boys did absolutely NOTHING - not even when they were standing on the table and at one time stomping on the table. I was getting pissed about this and was very near to grabbing both brats and giving them a much deserved ass-whipping. The little people by this time had been made to sit with me and taken out of the chaos and destruction - much to their disappointment. We finally got called back. Super Girl was up for shots - 3 shots. I had already prepared her for this by letting her know she was getting shots and yes they would hurt, but it would only feel like a pinch - a hard pinch and it would be quick. She was ready for her shots. She got the first in her thigh, no tears or anything. The second was in her left arm, again no tears - not even a flinch. The third one the nurse told me that it would hurt and to make sure and hold her arm still. Nothing, she didn't cry or whine or even say 'ow!' Not even tears in her eyes. The nurse was so stunned that she didn't cry, she said that she's never had another 4 year old get the shots and NOT cry. I was so proud of her. We went by the dollar store right after to reward her - she got a $1 pack of Barbie accessories (the ultimate gift for a 4 year old girl).

That really ended up taking a huge chunk from my day. I did get the dishes done and the living room straightened but I didn't get much else done. *sigh* I guess that's what tomorrow is for. Ugh.

Tired now, heading for bed early. Night all.

No comments: