Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Busy Busy

Damn I've been busy lately. I don't mind it too much until I start feeling like I have no time to even take a piss. That's lately. I can't even go into what or why I'm so busy, because it doesn't SOUND busy, just sounds like I'm being a lazy ass bitching about being so busy with what I'm busy with. Momhood is not always interesting.

We went to the store this morning, Cabbage Patch is nearly three and is starting to go into here Terrorist Threes. (Everyone bitches about Terrible Twos, but that's mostly bullshit. Three is the magic hell number. Although Super Girl started her terrorist phase at about one and a half and didn't out grow THAT until sometime after 3. She can still be a terror, but she's not that bad now. Cabbage Patch... She's cute and adorable and a terror.) Cabbage Patch started whining right after we crossed the street to go to the store, so hardly a forth of the way there. She didn't stop whining until we set foot IN the store. So here I am with two kids by the hand (my kids think I'm an ogre for making them hold my hand when we walk to the store), one screaming toddler being practically dragged and the pre-schooler being a normal child. Once the screaming stopped, we had a lovely shopping experience, with a minimum of begging and complete acceptance of the pudding offering as opposed to the candy they had been begging for. Once we walked passed the sliding doors and back into the open air the whining and screaming started again, all the way to the town house door. Ahhh what fun. It's bizarre how the tantrum torch has been handed off from Super Girl to Cabbage Patch rather suddenly. I was naively hoping that Cabbage Patch just wouldn't start throwing tantrums and that Super Girl would magically stop. *sigh* So much for that.

No comments: