Thursday, June 10, 2004

Dishing

Since I spent a large amount of time at the orthodontist office yesterday I had the rare opportunity to read magazines I don't normally read - and old ones at that! (translation: Out of sheer boredom I was forced to read old bad magazines to keep my head from exploding)

One such magazine was discussing "The Swan". This is a show I've only heard of and never watched. The first time I heard of it, I thought it was a joke. A reality show based on all the contestants getting serious amounts of cosmetic surgery and who ever turned out 'best' is the winner. Ridiculous calling these shows 'reality'. Anyway the article showed all the contestants and different 'professionals' critiqued the show and the contestants. It was kind of amusing and spiteful at the same time. The plastic surgeon was complaining that the contestants who got boob jobs got implants that were too large. The dentists were saying that everyone's teeth were over bleach leaving them too white and giving them a 'Minnie Mouse' smile. heh... Very funny. I can even hear the Mouse's giggle. The one thing that seemed especially nasty was the hair dresser. He complained that they had the Stepford Wife thing going with everyone having the same hair style and that everyone's hair was too long. That men don't like really long hair. WHAT? I had to look at the picture of the contestants again. No one had a bad hair style. No one had hair that was even as long as mine. Most had hair that was a few inches past their shoulders. And WTF? I've never known a man who didn't like long hair - I'm sure there are men who prefer women with short hair, but I've never met them. And I've NEVER had a man tell me my hair was too long - ever. Most of the time when I mention getting my hair cut, I get panicked looks from men and admonishments to not cut it too much. Anyway, sounds like a snarky comment from a pissy queen who was jealous he wasn't chosen to be the hair fairy for the show. Hair Fairies can be so bitchy.

Speaking of hair... My timer just went off, time to go rinse - I'm a 'Natural' redhead again.

No comments: