Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Day One

I suppose my child sacrifice to the evil gods of public education was accepted. Super Girl said she liked school. My fears were for naught. My anxieties just a good waste of trauma. My paranoia unfounded. As usual.

My progeny received a large envelope full of papers and crap intended for me to fill out and return to the High Priestess of Evi... er.. I mean teacher. I'm slightly irritated at having to fill out some of the paper work as it's duplicate crap of crap I've already filled out when I registered Super Girl and had to deal with The Attendance Clerk From Hell back at the end of June. Why do I need to fill this out AGAIN? Is the copy machine broken? Is this a test to make sure I'm not putting false information on the papers? Ugh, whatever, whatever, whatever. I'm determined to keep an open mind, a positive attitude and not become the parent everyone dreads to see approach the school. In order to do that, it is important for me to go with the flow. Find my zen about this public education. Be flexible, practice metaphorical yoga. Ommmmmmm... I will be a nice parent... I will be a nice parent... I will refrain from bitch slapping Attendance Clerk From Hell... Ack! Loosing concentration!

Anyway, Cabbage Patch was comical today. Every so often she would come up to me and ask where her sister was. Other times she was quite chatty, talking to me about anything and everything (Look! I find kangawoo! Look! I find teddy bear! Look! Piggy!). When she awoke from her nap she wanted to know where her sister was. It was cute.

We ventured out to the post office then to the school to pick up Super Girl. I arrived earlier than I had intended but got a good spot in the pick up line. So we waited, and waited and waited. School gets out at 3:30 pm and the line didn't start moving until nearly 4 pm! Super Girl was brought to me right about 4 pm and we got home at 4:10 pm. It was a pain in the ass to pick her up. Suddenly I was pleased that she would be riding the bus from now on.

Tomorrow a whole new set of anxieties and paranoias as I put my child on the bus to head to school. I'll update between breathing in a paper bag and scrounging for left over Valium in my pantry.

No comments: