Monday, August 16, 2004

Weekend Surprise

Friday or maybe it was Thursday, K had informed me that B (his boyfriend) wanted to take me to dinner on Saturday night. I said okay.

Saturday I woke rather tired after not sleeping well due to my anxiety over Super Girl starting school tomorrow. Thank goodness for coffee. I worked a very long (and somewhat profitable) day on Saturday and didn't get home until after 5:30 pm. I was tired. I wanted a nap but I knew I was going to have to drive K and The Little People over to B's place. I was really really considering how to get out of dinner plans so I could get some sleep.

We arrive at B's house and when B opens the door I'm greeted with shouts of 'Surprise!' Seems K planned a little get together. Mystical D and her husband The Queen were there, a rarely seen friend Wil and his little boy where there and of course B, K and The Little People. Petey had to work and couldn't make it. The New Mrs. S and her Husband didn't make it - but Sunday was her birthday so they were probably out celebrating her b-day. The Bear did not make it, nor did Giggles as Giggles got engaged to The Postman the night before and supposedly The Bear, Giggles and one other person HAD to go out looking at wedding dresses. Huh? Is she getting married this coming weekend? What's the rush? Whatever. Doesn't even matter really. We had a lot of fun at the party. I'm not going to go into the details of all the food, the party games, copious amounts of booze, strippers, loud music, police at the door, balloons and midgets. It was fun. Things didn't wrap up until 1:30 am.

More Pressies for me! Mystical D and The Queen got me some Starbucks Breakfast Blend ground coffee, a tin of International Foods instant coffee and the cutest cow pen!

Thanks to everyone who attended, thanks to K for planning the party (WOW - after 10 years, you actually surprised me!) & thanks to B for letting us mess up his house and for making the cake. I had fun.

No comments: