Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Revelations

Today when Super Girl got off the bus one of the first things she did was to inform me that she did NOT have a boyfriend. I grinned and said 'Okay' as I took her hand to walk home.

Tonight just before bed time stories she looked at me and said "Mom, I have to tell you the truth" (which comes out as 'truff') to which I replied "Hmmm? About what?" then, with every bit of drama she could muster (which to be honest wasn't a whole hell of a lot as she was very tired from going to the baseball game the night before) and said "I do have a boyfriend." I couldn't help but smile. I asked if he was in kindergarten just like her and she replied that he is 5 also. She babbled on for a couple of moments about playing with him then said something about ANOTHER boyfriend! Yikes! It's only her second day of school and she's got two boyfriends??? I think I may have to save up to put her in an all girl's convent school when she get's close to hitting puberty. ;o)

No comments: