Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Geek Alert!!

Ack! My geek gene has kicked in! Today I saw that Dallas Comicon is this weekend and I'm all excited about going. I am such a geek! I haven't been to a comic convention in over 10 years. It's cheap too! $5 to get in and the kids get in for free! Ohhhh I get to introduce my progeny to comic book geek mecca. *moment of revered silence*

And the guests! The guests! Brent Spiner (Data, Star Trek TNG), Michael Dorn (Worf, ST TNG) he is one hot man, John De Lancie (Q, ST TNG), Wil Wheaton (Wesley, ST TNG), Chase Masterson (Letta, ST DS9), Orli Shoshan (Star Wars E2/E3: Jedi - Shaak Ti), Herb Jefferson Jr. (Battlestar Galactica: Lt. Boomer), Peter Mayhew (Star Wars 3,4,5 & 6: Chewbacca) and the two that I'm really excited about... Kevin Conroy (Batman The Animated Series: Voice of Batman and Bruce Wayne) and Arleen Sorkin (Batman The Animated Series: Voice of Harley Quinn). I love the animated series, Harley is my favorite vilianess. Oh and some people from Buffy, but I have no clue who they are. Isn't that the coolest line up??? (just nod) I mean Chewbacca is gonna be there!!! I'm not a huge Star Wars geek (but my hidden Star Trek geekness is becoming harder to hide) - but damn it's Chewbacca!!!

Okay, deep breath... whew... okay, I'm fine now. I have to work Saturday as usual. I had considered taking the day off to go to a carnival at Super Girl's school but opted not to as I really NEED the money, now I wish I had bailed! Whaaaa! If nothing else I'll be able to go Sunday after work.

This concludes this totally geeked out moment.

No comments: