Friday, October 22, 2004

Vanilla Syrup, Racing and Fall Is Here

Last night was just me and the Little People. K had to assist Petey on an important mission so he wouldn't be home until the wee hours of this morning.

Fabulous Dinner (According To The Little People)

When it's just me and the kids I usually don't make a big dinner (I had intended to make chicken and eggplant parmesan). A lot of times we'll have sandwiches and salad or they'll have a TV dinner and I'll have a salad. Last night due to my incredible cravings for eggs with cheese and yummy sausage, I made French toast for the little ones (the eggs with cheese and sausage I made for myself). As I rarely ever make things that require syrup, we had none. I don't really like syrup though - real maple syrup is okay (but expensive) but most of the other stuff is just nasty. After commiting to French toast I realized that I would either have to walk to the store (which the kids had already said they didn't want to do) or just make some. Makeing was the easiest thing to do so we had the nummiest vanilla syrup to go with the French toast.

After dinner it was outside to burn off some excess energy (for the kids, not for me, I have no excesses of energy). I had the Little People run up and down the sidewalk. I raced with them when they started to get bored with running. After the races I looked up at the trees over the creek and realized "Oh my, fall really is here." It actually LOOKS like fall is here looking at the trees and all. This really pretty fall look only lasts for about a week around here, so it was a nice surprise. Of course it's still hot here and it's humid so it doesn't feel anything like fall. It would be nice if we had 4 actual seasons here in Texas.

No comments: