Monday, January 31, 2005

The Art Of Procrastination

I'm a serious procrastinator. I always have been. I generally get my things done in time but for some idiotic reason I wait until the absolute LAST possible moment to do them. Not everything mind you, but many things. In high school and college I would wait to write my entire research papers until the night before, armed only with a handful of source books and a book I was supposed to have read, I always finished and never got below a B+ on content (editing was generally out of the question since I was finishing up at 3 am, my senior research paper sported a lovely 98% for content and 15% for puncuation and spelling). But I digress...

I have finally finished making Cabbage Patch's lovely coat. The temperatures have been steadily in the 40's for nearly a week so I figured it was TIME to make the damn coat. The REALLY sad and pathetic part... it took me less than an hour to make.

I'd love to break this habit as I'm really wanting to make a go of sewing to support my own damn self and not waiting until mere hours before a deadline would be quite advantagous. Any suggestions on breaking it? *Don't suggest I give up my double Roofiecolada for lunch or my 3 hours of mid afternoon passing out/nap time (something about the Roofiecolada ya know), I've worked very hard to cultivate a decent addiction and I think I'm finally getting to be an intersting addict worthy of whispers and speculation.

Now the best part of having finished her truly adorable coat is that she does NOT want to wear it. She has a raggedy ass looking blue hoodie jacket that she LOVES. *sigh*

* I actually gave up my Roofiecolada habit when my **local dealer raised the price unexpecedly.

** heh, kidding, the only roofies I ever had in my possesion were my cats.

No comments: