Monday, January 31, 2005

Waiting For Sal To Arrive

Sal as in Salmonella. Last night the torential rains detered myself and K from venturing out to secure food for dinner. (well not torential but it WAS raining) Instead we foraged through the kitchen until we found something suitable. A take out menu for out favorite Chinese restaraunt. Perfect, no one has to venture out in the rain and someone else cooks!

Instead of my usual (garlic chicken, extra hot, no onions or broccoli in garlic sauce - very hot) I ventured out and got somthing that promised chicken, beef and shirmp (with some veggies) in a spicy sauce (I asked for it to be a little hotter though). We all stared blankly at some movie as we languished on the couch waiting for the tiny oriental guy who braved the very cold rain and wind to bring us our hot and tasty dinner (conveniently packed in microwavable containers - makes it easy to send K off to work with leftovers).

I served the Little People food for them to turn their noses up at then served myself, all the while anticipating my super tasty meal complete with nummy shrimp - I really wanted the shrimp. I ate a few of the shrimp and kept thinking they tasted 'off' - kind of 'fishy' actually. I avoided the rest of the shrimp with much disapointment and when I finished my plate of food (minus the remaining shrimp) I wondered aloud if the shrimp was more than a little 'off' and whether I'd get a lovely case of salmonella from them. If I did it would be the SECOND time I've gotten it from Chinese food.

Anyway, probably not going to get sick from dinner but I'm still stuck with the lingering disapointment of a meal that I paid for that just sucked. And I still want some SHRIMP! (I'll keep the blog posted if Sal does decide to show up though)

No comments: