Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Mommy Brag Time

Today Super Girl brought her report card home. She made all 3's (which is where right where she should be)! And she got a certificate for being the most improved student (I think it was refering to more her behavior, not her grades as she had mostly 3's last grading period) and a certificate for perfect attendance this 9 weeks as well.

I'm so darn proud of her I got all teary eyed!

Bus Fuss

When Super Girl got off the bus today she tells me that someone was trying to choke her on the bus (she didn't have any marks on her so apparently they didn't hurt her). Unfortunately the regular bus driver has been gone the past two days and that means it's utter chaos on the bus. Super Girl pointed out the kid who was trying to choke her as he got of the bus. I was very angry at this point. I asked the kid what was he doing to my kid. This is the kid of Welfare Momma. This is the kid who has been suspended from the bus for a month. He (and his brother I think) claimed they didn't do anything to her, that she was sitting in the front of the bus where she usually does and they were in the back. I had already ask Super Girl where she was sitting and she had told me that she was in the back (where she's not supposed to be). This kid got smart with me and I told him that he better keep his fucking hands off my kid. Yes I did swear at a kid. I couldn't help it. I'm tired of that kid bullying other kids.

Yesterday as we walked home he and his brother started yelling insults at Cody, telling him "Shut up fat boy!" and saying shit like "Yo mamma is so fat..." (not that they have any room to say that shit, their mamma is bigger than me and Cody's mom put together). They kept it up for a few minutes. It pissed me off, but I didn't say anything, just urged the kids to ignore the little assholes. The protective mother in me wanted to take up for Cody, but I know that wasn't really my place. I remember being the Fat Kid and I would have been mortified if someone's mother would have taken up for me - horribly embarrased and probably teased even more. Cody is like 11 or 12 and he's pudgy and he's a really nice kid. I know it hurt when the kids were teasing him, he got really quiet. I know I did the 'right' thing in the mom area by encouraging the kids to ignore the little brats, but I couldn't help feeling like I didn't do enough. *sigh* Being a mom is hard some days.

No comments: