Tuesday, January 04, 2005

New Years Eve and Day

Pardon me for being a lazy ass about reporting on my NYE party and NYD party. I've been busy having horrible headaches for the past couple of days. I've taken some medicine (actually the stuff that made me all whacked out at a game where I had the brain shark on my head) so please excuse me if this post get's whacked out and makes no sense (I still have a headache too).


Me and My Date


I left for the party with the Rennies about 7:30 pm (with fabulous hair I might add). Since XXX was miles away at a different party I took Angry Albino Sock Monkey as my date for the evening. We had a long discussion on the way to the party about him not embarassing me by getting sloppy drunk or getting all touchy feely with me (or anyone else for that matter - nothing worse than being felt up by a drunk monkey). He promised me he would be on his best behavior (well actually he let out a string of expletives that I won't repeat and said something like "You'll have to fucking lock me in the damn trunk to keep me from the booze and ho's!").

We arrived shortly after 8 pm. I lugged in the ice and food (fucking monkey didn't even lift a finger to help). Then I made a drink. Lime vodka is rather odd but nice.

Some people were out on the deck shooting the flint locks when I arrived (the party was north of where I live, out in the country so guns and fireworks were on the agenda).

I didn't know to many people at the party so I just wandered around with AASM (who they kept calling the EVIL MONKEY and saying he was creepy - which he loved). After a short time they put in An Evening With Kevin Smith. At this point I wasn't sure this was going to be such a good party - I'm not really into parties where we all sit around and watch movies, but what the fuck, the alternatives for me were to go home and spend the evening watching movies with my gay husband, so I sat and drank and watched. The movie was DVD was actually pretty damn funny.


The monkey made me take that photo. We were in the bathroom.

More people showed up. AASM started giving Laurie the eye and was a pure ass to me the rest of the night. After the first DVD everyone headed out on the deck and it was time for more fire works. (at one point one of the roman candle thingies fell over and shot it's last one toward my car. Gasps from everyone on the deck and someone said "Who's car is that?" To which I replied calmly "That's my fucking car! Don't you hit my fucking car or I'll kick your ass - and I'm sober so I can fucking do it!" The shot actually went OVER my car and after about 60 seconds it went off lighting up my car spectacularly - wish I had gotten a picture of that!)

They saved the best fireworks for midnight - it was very cool. At midnight I kissed that evil little monkey even though he was still trying to get his hands on Laurie. Bastard monkey. *sigh* made me miss XXX.

I left the party about 1 am as I had to work on Saturday morning so I needed to get a wee bit of sleep. Right before I left Laurie expressed her intrest in AASM and her desire to have him. He nearly broke my arm leaping to her. I made a quick deal with her, ya know since she was taking my date. I pimped his ass out with the words "How much ya got on ya?" The deal was done and I left empty handed (and cash stuffed in my bra). I am the Monkey Pimp!


And I still looked good when I got home.

(*note* I didn't include any photos of people from the party as you don't know them and wouldn't give a crap)

XXX will have to come to the next party, the party was cool and all but I didn't know everyone all that much and it's so much more fun to be at a party with someone you can whisper little things to and point and laugh together.


New Years Day Party


This was actually just our normally scheduled game night but it turned into as party as the only people who could show were The Postman and Giggles and Petey and The Bear. Petey came prepared with supplies to make Irish Coffee.

I didn't take even one damn photo! And I didn't even get a wee bit drunk either. Hmmm.. I wonder if there is a connection between me photo documenting mine and Petey's decent into drunkenness and our drinking... dunno.

We had a delightful time playing games, talking, eating and drinking. I made some of the traditional New Years foods - black eyed pea dip, Greek coin cake, lentils and of course black eyed peas. Last year I think I made a shit load more but I also didn't have to work that day.

All in all it was a damn good start to the New Year. And in 10 days this new year will get even better. ;o)

No comments: