Monday, January 03, 2005

Rainy Days


It's been raining a lot here lately. Today it rained all morning and eased off in the afternoon. It wasn't raining at 3:30 pm when Super Girl got out of school. When she got off the bus today her first words were "Mamma! The bridge is flooded over!" When I asked her to clarify, she and several of her school mates informed me that the creek was flooded and the water was over part of the road and was flooding into the lake. I promised Super Girl that we would head home to grab my camera and go to the lake to investigate.

Boy was I surprised to see just how much water was there. Many parts of the trail around the lake were completly inaccessable for the water pouring over from the creek that runs next to the lake. The bridge we walk over to go to Super Girl's dance class was completly submerged. Now that has happened before, but not to this extent. Usually the water would be too high and would be rushing over the small low bridge but today there was no sign of the bridge at all.



The Little People were amazed by the waters. I was amazed as well. I spoke to some other people standing around gawking at the water, no one had ever seen the waters quite that high.

I'm hopeing that the rains will let up long enough for the waters to recede - having the creek just feet from my door makes me nervous about all the rain (although I have been checking the creek behind me and it doesn't seem to be terribly high, let's hope this forecast of a week of rain doesn't change that!).

And finally this is my favorite picture, I just loved how this tree looked with the dark clouds behind it.

No comments: