Monday, May 16, 2005

Phone Call From The Past
*cue Twilight Zone music*

Today just before K got home from work, I recieved a phone call from the past. No not from 'beyond' or from the grave or anything like that, just someone I hadn't talked to in a LONG freaking time. One of my oldest and dearest friends actually - MJ.

We talked for just over half an hour, until his cell phone battery was about to die and as I chatted, K arrived home with bags of groceries for me to make dinner from.

MJ and I share a common bond - not just our gaming geekiness, but we are both from Louisana. The minute he starts talking about his family (Louisana family that is) it's hard not to think of tasty cajun food (because usually when I see his mother it's at a gathering at his house that happens around a meal). After I got off the phone with MJ I checked the bags to see what was for dinner and discovered the exact ingredients to make my chicken and sausage gumbo. hmmm... Strange coincidence or were strange forces at work here?

Okay, it was just a coincidence. K adores my gumbo and BEGs for it. I like my gumbo but after doing all that work to make it, I rarely ever really want it, so I just don't make it except around his birthday - or when I need to bribe his brother for something (he's also powerless to resist the GUMBO). I prefer seafood gumbo or jambalya. I make it for him if he brings the ingredients, it's easy - because I'm just that nice to him. Gawd I really am a Patron Saint among the gay community. ;o)

No comments: