Monday, September 23, 2002

All rightie then.. it's Monday... and my brain is moving slow... Sooo.. here is -

Monday Mission 2.38
1. When I was young, my Mom would always drink a cold Dr. Pepper in the morning. Me, I can go either way. I like a Cold Frappucchino in the Summer months and switch to warm Mocha Espresso in the Fall. Do you like to drink warm beverages in the morning or do you prefer yours cold?


Depends on the weather.. if it's cold - I like a warm one, if it's hot, give me something cold... and since it's usually hot here, I guess it's usually cold for me. lol.

2. Have you ever been so upset with someone that you wanted to get revenge? What did you do? Or if you didn't, what would you like to have done?

Hmm.. I've never done that. But I considered it. I wanted to get back at the woman who screwed me out of my job (that I got laid off from almost 3 years ago)... she was sleeping with the VP.... So I kind of wanted to get back at both of them... I had everything to do it too. I found a love note from a lover of his in some old files I was getting rid of about 6 months before I got laid off. I had kept it - It was very incriminating - had his name on it, and was signed. I have no clue why he put that in is WORK files. Anyway.. I thought about sending it to his wife. I didn't do it. They both ended up being laid off though, so karma took care of them.

3. Sometimes I can look back at my past and see so many things that I was too naive to take advantage of. A time where I could have moved ahead in my career if only I'd chosen to move, the High School girlfriend who said she would do anything if I just asked, and so on. Looking back, are there any opportunities you missed out on that you can see now but didn't realize then?

oh hell yes. who hasn't?

4. Today I tried on my black slacks, and they are just a skosh too tight (yeah it's a real word, look it up). Of course, I wore them anyway. Are there any clothes you refuse to throw away even though they don't (and never will) fit? Why do you keep them?

*snicker* you mean like that old prom dress hanging in my closet? Or the shoes that are too tight but tooo damn cute to get rid of? Maybe those silk pants that fit for a few months... about 5 years ago! HAHAHAHA! I have no idea why I keep them. Hope springs eternal! I like to think someday.... maybe.... hehehehe... I'm an eternal optimist whne it comes to my closet.

5. Although my speech classes eliminated most if it, I still have a little Okie accent left. I say "Git" instead of "Get" and "Collar" instead of "Color." Do you have an accent? Are there any phrases or words you say that tip folks that "you aren't from around these parts?"

Hmmm.... Not really... I do say y'all. But I've been accused of being from Minnesota before! WTF???

6. Speaking of phrases, it really drives me nuts when folks say "very unique" (Unique has no degrees, it is either unique or it isn't) or "irregardless" (not a real word). Are there any words folks misspell or incorrect uses of words that simply drive you insane?

I'm with you on the 'irregardless' that irritates the shit out of me. there are other things... but I can't think of them right now... Brain fog!


7. I am guilty of using pet names a bit too often, like "honey," "babe," and "sweetie." However, currently, no one uses any pet names on me (and I think I'd like one). Are there any pet names that you like to be called? Any you don't? Do you (or did you) have any pet names for your partner?

I get called Pooh by a lot of people or Pudy, my mom used to call me that... I call my DH hon a lot, but since we watched Monsters Inc I've been calling him Sully - that character reminds me of my hubby. Big, sweet, a sucker for little kids and furry! HAHAHAHAHA!

BONUS: Why you so fly?

*sigh* like I can help how fly I am. hehehe...

Today's comment question: Do you prefer a stick shift or automatic? ummm.. has to be an automatic... can't drive a stick...


No comments: