Wednesday, January 22, 2003

Cult Leader In My Area?

Last night I was watching Unsolved Mysteries, they did a segment on a 'New Age Guru' in the Dallas area and how 10 people associated with her have died in suspisious circumstances - either suicide or weird accidents - after making huge donations to her organization or after changing their wills/insurance benefits to name her and/or her organization as the beneficiary.

New Age Beliefs Lead to Death
Investigations Reveal New Age Mind Control
Prosecutor Considers "Mind Control"

The above links are pretty straight forward about the case and they all say pretty much the same thing, but the link below is much more indepth - there are lots of typos in it, but I liked it best because it has so much information.
article on Terri Hoffman

And here is the link to the segment I saw on Unsolved Mysteries
Unsolved Mysteries

The thing that is most irritating is that I can not find any follow up articles on these cases. I know that there were cases pending against Terri Hoffman as of 1997 but I can not find anything on her or her organization that dates more recently than 1997. I want to know what happened in the cases... and if Ms. Hoffman is still playing the 'guru' role.





No comments: