Monday, February 03, 2003

Chinese New Year

The Chinese New Year celebration was awsome. Hubby was away most of the day, so it was just me and the little people getting ready for the celebration. I made a Barbie Cake - in red - for the celebration.

Barbie Cake

It looks kind of funny, but I didn't do it right, my first attempt before making one for a certain 4 year olds b-day.

I cooked a duck - basted with honey, basil and orange - slow cooked. Duck because duck rhymes with Luck and ... well never mind there... And I made Pot Stickers - stuffed dumplings - they were soooo good, and so easy to make (yes I made them from scratch). Red potatoes, long noodles and tomatoes finished out the meal (red because it's means luck, long uncut noodles for long life, tomatoes because they are red and tasty).

Hubby didn't get home until 8:30 pm so we didn't get to dinner until about 9:30 pm. The littleset of the little people fell asleep in his arms. The bigger of the little people liked the duck and noodles, but was dieing for cake. hehehehe... iit tasted very good. (although it was disturbing to see all the bright colored crumbs all over the floor). It was a good start to the Chinese New year.

My New Craft Projects!

I started doing decoupage! I started just on a whim - I was clearing up all the decorations from Chinese New Year and it seemed a shame to just throw them away. So... here's what I made!

This was my first attempt.



And this was my second - it's so pretty.

I don't think I'm doing it exactly like i'm supposed to. I think your supposed to use glue, but I'm using varnish - it dries so nice and shiny!!

No comments: