Thursday, February 06, 2003

Funny Kids

Today the little people found their toy stethescope so they decided that they were doctors. Actually they were 'Good Doctors' according to the oldest. I was informed that I was sick and needed to sit down. Upon wedging my plus sized adult mommy butt into the child sized tiny chair in their room, the oldest handed me a Little Mermaid figurine (medicine) and poked me with a fork (a shot) then asked me if I felt better. I chuckled and said I did, then asked about her credentials. She said she had been a 'Good Doctor' for a while. I asked about her past clients and was informed that she had taken care of me and daddy and cats and dogs. A veterinarian and an MD, very impressive. I inquired if it took a long time to go to school for that, she told me it did (not exactly sure how long it would be since she is just 4). Her collegue - the smaller of the little people had a much nicer bedside manner than she did though. No forkes were involved. Just lots of fish faced kisses while I lay on the sofa, every so often the smallest of the 'Good Doctors' would kiss me then climb up next to me and pull the covers up, kiss me again then pat my face. Apparently she has a more hands on approach and relies less on the tools of her trade. The doctors didn't do much consulting with each other, they tended to go about their own prescribed course of treatment with little or no concern for overlapping treatments. Eventually I told the oldest of the 'Good Doctors' that if she gave me another shot (poke with a fork) she'd get a time out, and my house call was over. Ya know, I do feel better now. ;o) Hope this was covered by my insurance.

No comments: