Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Disgusting Things Kids Do...

Last night hubby made popcorn for the kids to eat while watching a movie. Part way through the movie Cabbage Patch started sneezing. I told hubby to go get her some allergy medicine, apparently her allergies were bothering her again (it's a constant here in Texas). About 15 or 20 minutes later she crawls in my lap, I look at her and see what looks like a piece of popcorn up one nostril. So I say "Oh great, she shoved a piece of popcorn up her nose." Then I have to do the dreaded deed of removing the offending object from her nose. So I do, and it's NOT popcorn, it's a fairly large piece of cardboard, like a piece from a book or puzzle. I'm like 'well no wonder you were sneezing. Why the hell would you shove that up there?' Of course I muse these to myself knowing full well that my nearly 2 year old will not give me a coherent or logical answer to my question. In my 4.5 years of being a mom this is the FIRST time I've ever had to fish something out of a nose. Super Girl NEVER did that, although I did fear she would - she seemed to do EVERYTHING else. I've done plenty of other things, reached into a commode to retrieve the one and only binky that would put my child to sleep, done the visual check of the diaper looking for missing item (luckily I've found missing item not in diaper every time), had to induce vomiting once, been vomited on a few times, been peed on several times, had to clean the tub out after child pooped in bath, had to clean child and room and crib after they removed diaper full of poop and made huge mess - done that one a few times also. But now, the ever popular item up the nose has happened to me, and with the child I least suspected would do something like that. It's a cosmic joke on me.

No comments: