Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Renegade Goose

Today was Super Girl's second dance class. We got there about 15 minutes late, which is not good since class only lasts 45 minutes, but it's not really a huge deal. She's just 4. On the way to dance class I told her that we would stop and feed the ducks on the way back. I hold off feeding Cabbage Patch the Goldfish crackers while the class is going on and as promised we stop to feed the ducks. First there was just one lone and rather mangie looking duck - really it looked bad, I don't know if it was molting or was in a fight, but it definitly needed a membership to the hair club for ducks, he had some major male pattern baldness going on, he also had some bare spots on the back. Anyway, that's the duck we started with, just tossing crackers to it until two of the BIG FAT ducks caught on that there was food being passed out. So they head over after a few minutes and most of the tiny snack bag of crackers, more ducks and a goose decided to join the buffet. As the goose swam over he was honking, he got to shore he kept honking. He circled us looking for food honking and honking. I kept telling Super Girl to not get to close to the ducks. Well the bastard goose walks over to Cabbage Patch who was still in her stroller and he bites her on the leg! (I guess bite is technically correct even though they don't have teeth) I smacked at the goose, just barely got it on the neck. It continued to circle around us honking and honking, then it lunged forward and started pecking at Super Girls dance bag - I smacked it right on the beak with the bag of raisins I was carring. Then he backed of and headed back to the water. Damn bird! I was afraid he was going to hurt my baby! I'm tougher than any stupid goose.

No comments: