Friday, October 31, 2003

The After Trick-Or-Treat

Halloween was a blast with the little people. We headed over to hubby's brother's house to do Halloween with his family. Right before we left to go to bro-in-laws, we got a group of trick-or-treaters at our door - kids who were too old to be trick-or-treating and had no costumes on. I made a tacky comment about how all the kids were dressed as the ever popular "Kid From The Projects". I'm glad I wasn't at home to give out candy, it would have pissed me off to have a bunch of teenagers knocking on my door. Hubby, myself and hubby's brother took the kids out trick-or-treating. Sadly there were not that many people doing Halloween this year. A LOT of people had decorations (some very elaborate) but not many people were handing out candy to the little ones, despite that the little people still had quite a haul. We only did three streets total and by the time we were done with the second the kids were starting to complain about the buckets being heavy. When we got back to brother-in-law's house I dumped the kids buckets and sorted the candy - bro-in-law and sis-in-law were giving me shit about how I was organizing the candy in little piles (I've always done this... Even when I was a small child). The people in my old neighborhood give out some kick ass candy. In the sorting I filled up one pumpkin with chocolate and the other with the Twizlers, taffy, Skittles, hard candy, etc. We got exactly 0 pieces of the crappy peanut butter taffy this year! YAY! This year I'm only keeping the candy around for a day, then I'm either throwing it out or sending it (hard candy) to troops in Iraq. The little people had fun playing with their cousin and his dog. Bro-in-law just got wood floors put in his house so it was incredibly LOUD with three kids under 5 running through the house. We grown ups at copious amounts of the 'good' candy while watching Two Towers. About 11:15 pm I told hubby it was time to get the little people off to bed and we left. On our arrival home we discovered that our Sad pumpkin had been pumpkin napped! The lid was there and the Happy pumpkin was there but Sad was gone. Hubby searched the area and found Sad by the fence in front of the creek. It appears that someone had thrown Sad against the fence in a lame attempt to smash sad. Well they suck because all they managed to do was give him a serious head wound. Happy and Sad were reunited and now are safely in the house along with Cat. Fucking kids, brutalizing my pumpkin.


You can see Sad's crack through his face. This is going to require some extreme reconstructive methods.

No comments: