Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Brain Pain

Uggh... This evening my sinus' are killing me. I fear that this blasted SARS(cold) is setting up a nasty infection in my sinus. Damn! I dread this so very much. I've been nearly religious with taking the prescription strength decongestant in a vain attempt to avoid a sinus infection. Uggh...

ON top of all that, I had to go to a freaking work meeting tonight. Work meeting = waste of time. I always car-pool with another photographer and we bitch about the meeting all the way there and back. This time we had our cheery little Christmas Party. Bah! I hate these things. We were asked to bring a wrapped $10 gift to exchange. I despise that. I don't purchase holiday gifts for most of my family so I resent purchasing a gift for a complete stranger. I got lucky this time. I found a Mikasa candy dish still in it's box that someone had gifted me several years ago - I remembered this just 15 minutes before I was to leave for afore mentioned meeting. The meeting was a complete waste of time, I think it was just a way for the director to let everyone know she was back from sick leave... I guess that's a good thing, I was betting she was dewing. The actual exchange was not to bad, I got a set of picture frames that got taken from me, then a very nice quad-picture frame that got taken from me, and finally a very nice set of wine glasses with beads around the stems. This lovely gift I will be re-gifting tomorrow when I have lunch with a dear friend. He will love them, he's not married and he has lovely ecletic decor in his home, whereas I have two energetic children and worn out-tore-up-used-up family decor. They just don't match anything I have! That and they are just two more things that I don't have a secure place for (secure as in kids can not reach). These glasses are very very nice, one of the other photographers makes them - I certainly think they were a bit above the $10 gift limit that was set, but hey, I'm not complaining. Now I don't have to show up empty-handed to see my friend. Anyway - the meeting sucked. I didn't learn anything new (which is what these meetings are SUPPOSED to be about) and my boss is still a moronic bitch - apparently that's not what was making her sick.

Off to bed now... I think my medication is kicking in now.

No comments: