Thursday, December 18, 2003

Slipping By In A Blur

That's how my days feel right now. Tomorrow night starts Chanukkah and I'm not prepared. Next week is Christmas and again I'm not prepared. This damn SARS (cold) which I am finally starting to get rid of has really thrown my schedule off. I haven't gotten my holiday cards done, I haven't done much in the way of shopping (not that I'm doing much shopping) and I haven't done much decorating. I broke down and bought some holiday cards to send out since I would not have enough time to make any. They are on the tacky side, but they were really the only holiday cards and not strictly Christmas Cards I could find. I guess I'll stuff a short note into the cards to make up for me not making them myself. I'm disappointed about that as I really did want to make them myself. I have letters I desperately need to get mailed as well and just haven't printed them yet (that is super lame of me). I still have laundry to do, I need to take holiday pictures of the little people and decide what to get who for the holidays (I'm hoping for a Chia pet for me). I'm frustrated. I'm running out of time to get things done. I've spent so much time and energy being sick that I haven't gotten things done like I needed to. *sigh*

Return Of The King

Last night we went to see that! Woohoo! I liked it a lot. The theater was PACKED and everyone in the group had to sit apart. But, I liked the movie. It was intense. One scene made hubby jump. hehehehe...

Pink Christmas Tree

I finally put the Christmas Tree up for the girls. Hubby had purchased a tiny pink Barbie tree for them last weekend. hehehe... They love it. I got some lights for it today. I'll post some pictures of it a little later when it's all decorated.

Lunch With A Hottie

Yesterday I had lunch with an old friend I used to work with. I had not seen him since before I got pregnant with Cabbage Patch. He still looked as HOT as ever. He's probably the hottest man I know in person and he's partnered to an incredibly hot man as well. Sheesh why are all the hot ones gay? I was his new house - which is FAAAABULOUS! I mean really. I've never met anyone other than well off middle aged gay men who have houses as nice as this. The little people were in awe of the Christmas Trees in his house and all the cute decorations his partner had out. The little people adored my friend and he adored them. We had a nice lunch of pizza and he loved the present of the beaded wine glasses. We talked about Winston and how much of a shock it was that he passed so quickly. It was so nice to see him and it made me realized I really missed working with him.

Dead Fish Swimming

Damn it! Looks like another of my fish is having swim bladder issues. I really like this one, she's one of my fancy goldfish. The other fish I got at that same time has already died. This is pissing me off and has made me swear off buying fish from PetSmart anymore. So far most of the fish I have purchased from PetSmart have gone on to the aquarium in the sky, but my Walmart fish have gone fine. For some reason I can't seem to find a store locally that sells many varieties of fancy goldfish so I end up going to PetSmart because they have a slightly larger selection than Walmart. My only hope is that this issue will work it self out because there's nothing that can be done for this.

Speaking of fish, I did get another fish after Aegir died. I got a red and white common goldfish. I haven't announced him yet as I haven't decided on a name for him. He's kind of fancy being that he's read and white, but he's a common goldfish so I'm torn as to whether to give him a Nordic name as all the other fancy goldfish or give him a common name like the other commons I have. I've narrowed down the names to either Balder (The god of light, joy, purity, beauty, innocence, and reconciliation) for a Nordic name - although I'm not keen on the fact that Balder was killed by Lokki - read about it here (hubby had suggested that I call him Aegir II but I don't think it's good to name a fish after the fish he's replacing), and for his common name I've decided on Bubba. It fits with my commons who are Bubbles, Pappa Bear and Mamma Bear. Anyway, Balder-Bubba is the tiniest fish in the tank currently and seems to have figured out that he has to get to the food quick before Thor eats it all. He's not as interesting as some of the others who have odd quirks - like Thor who bangs on the side of the tank with the rocks when he wants food or Bubbles who likes to ride the air pump bubbles like a ride and likes to blow large bubbles at the surface or Valkyrie who likes to sit at the bottom of the tank with her tail fin in the stream of bubbles. Yes I know, I'm a geek, I like my fish... I obsess over my fish. Too bad Spike is gone - he/she was a great psychotic fish.

No comments: