Monday, December 15, 2003

Better Living Through Chemistry

My SARS(cold) is hanging on - I know, I know, you are tired of hearing my whining about this fucking SARS, and believe me I'm tired of it also, if there was anything more interesting to write about in my life currently I wouldn't be whining about this fucking SARS.

I thought I was nearing the end of my bout with SARS but it took a nasty turn on Friday night and got worse. I woke Saturday morning feeling awful. I dosed myself up with prescription strength decongestion and a dose of robotussin. The effect was something akin to washing down crack cookies with a double-shot of esspresso - at least that's what I imagine since I don't do either of those - which was not entirely unwelcome on a busy day. I got through all my appointments fairly quickly and headed home to get some lunch and take a nap. I called a friend before nap and he gave me such crap about taking a nap late in the day I ended up not able to sleep (either that or the linger crack cookie/espresso effect hanging on), I then got the kids ready to head over to my Aunts house to see my other Aunt for a little get together. I would have actually been dreading it had I not been dealing with a headache. The family thing went well, the one family member who can't stand me and refuses to speak to me since my car got hit (after all it WAS just something I did to piss him off ya know) kept his distance and that helped to make the evening go well. My decongestant had worn off shortly after I arrived at my Aunts house and I was miserable. Luckily she had some Sudafed that helped for the duration of the visit. ...

Shit... I was just reading over all this crap I've just written and realized no one wants to read about this horribly boring shit... OK, something much more entertaining to come. It's been a while since I've written about Antonio my hot, super sexy (imaginary) boyfriend.

No comments: