Saturday, December 20, 2003

Happy Chanukkah!

Tonight started the festival of lights! And everything went off without a hitch! Well not really... Let me tell you about the day.

I couldn't locate my menorah last night so I knew I would have to go get one for tonight. I had planned to head to a local place this morning with the little people but they were Pure EEEEEVIL today so I gave them time outs, threatened to take down their Christmas tree and made them clean up all the paper they scattered around the living room instead of take the trip to the store. I knew that hubby would be home early today as he has something going on in his sinus and half of his face is swelled up like the elephant man ("I'm not an animal!"), so I figured I would have time to head out to procure the menorah and a few other things for tonight when he got home. I was also expecting a phone call from a friend around 12:30 PM so I put the little people down for naps at noon and sat down to read my e-mail. 12:30 PM came and went with no call from said friend. A guy wanting to be my boyfriend did call though and we chatted for a bit then decided that we would meet for a few minutes before I did my shopping. This is a great way to meet someone without it being a 'date' - see if you meet and this person is a LOSER you can always say "Well I really do need to get going, I have to get 'fill in the blank' done before 6 pm" and leave, and if you do hit it off well then having a time limit will keep you (me really) from being a complete slut and going right to sex - there by making you (me) look less slutty as you can count the first meeting as a 'DATE' and when you skip the movie, skip dinner and head right for 'desert' you can at least say you didn't do it on your FIRST date - at least that's my rationalization. Anyway - I'm glad I didn't actually set up a real 'DATE' because this guy is just NOT for me. I had a feeling he wasn't from a few comments he made about my hubby - just a hint to prospective boyfriends - it's all good to tell me how beautiful you think I am and fawn over me, but when you insult my hubby for being gay your just pissing me off, hubby may not be my lover and we may only be 'husband & wife' in a technical sense but he's my best friend, my room mate and the father of my children and I'll kick so ass before I let someone bash him for being gay. But anyway, this guy made a couple of comments that came off wrong to me - but only a couple, I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt since he had put so much effort into this - no chemistry, no sparks, not going to work. Oh well, too bad for him. Luckily that didn't take long, then I headed over to the store to look for a menorah - the store was FREAKING PACKED. I did some shopping for the little people and headed to another store - also packed. I did not find a menorah but I did find some nice candle holders that were pretty damn cheap and would work fine for tonight. I ended up picking up some stuff to make latkes as well - I figured that I would be pressed for time so I got stuff to make them quick. When I get home the little people had been EEEEEEVIL. They had gotten a hold of the India ink AGAIN! AAAAHHHH! I had that hidden! Anyway this time they poured it on the floor in my bedroom. Hubby was very unhappy with the little people. I was down right pissed and started yelling at them right away. They spent quite a while in time outs tonight while I went to clean my carpet. I managed to get almost all of the ink out of my carpet - a miracle on Chanukkah! (and what a coincidence that a woman named Judith was there to help it along... This Judith didn't have to lop off someone's head though!) After some intense carpet scrubbing, I headed to the kitchen to make latkes. I grated some zucchini and managed to cut my thumb knuckle pretty bad in the process. Then I fried the latkes. After all the work to make them, Super Girl didn't try them, she claimed they were to 'spicy' (they were far from spicy) - what a gentile she is, Cabbage Patch ate hers up (of course the one with the good Hebrew name likes Jewish food) and hubby didn't like them (gentile) - so only half of us appreciated the trouble I went to to make the traditional food to celebrate the miracle of the oil. If I had made donuts they would have eaten them... Maybe next year. Because the little people were PURE EEEEVIL today they didn't get any Chanukkah presents today nor did they get any gelt - ah well, they have 7 more days, I'm sure at least one day they will be GOOD. ;o) At least the evening ended well for me, my Sancho called and since I am finally OVER my SARS(cold) I made time for a booty call - mmmm, mmmm, good.

No comments: