Monday, December 08, 2003

Dancing Queen

I went into work early Saturday so that I could finish early for Super Girl's holiday dance recital. I got home by 2:30 pm to get her dressed and her hair fixed. I knew my grandmother and aunt would be showing up and right before we left my sister called and said she was almost at the center. I knew Super Girl would be delighted to see all of them.

The whole recital was about an hour, each class had two performances. Super Girl looked adorable in her pink dance outfit and matching pink bow in her hair. Her class did the last performance (I'm not counting the Jr. Dance teacher's tap routine at the end as part of the performances). They sang Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby. Super Girl was so Loud you could hear her over the rest of the kids and to my delight and surprise she actually did most of the dance moves. On her way out she slipped and fell right on her butt - that's my kid for you. My grandmother had brought a red rose for Super Girl since this was her first recital - that thrilled her so very much. My little Super Girl is a natural performer, she really loves being the center of attention.

No comments: