Friday, October 08, 2004

My Tiny Terrorists, And Other People's Offspring




Yesterday the little girl who walks from the bus stop with Super Girl saw the drawer I was painting for the Little People and commented that it was really pretty and I needed to paint something for her. Heh. Compliments from wee people are always so sweet.

Last night we went to the local CiCi's Pizza for School Night (they donate a portion of the proceeds to the school Super Girl attends). We walked as it's very close to us. Cabbage Patch is the supreme Diva and HATES to walk anywhere - especially if she sees the car in the parking lot. She kept repeating "No, we take the car! No, we take the car! I don't walk! No, we take the car!" all the way to the pizza place (which is normal for her - the whineing about not wanting to walk that is). When we arrived, CiCi's was packed as many other people were supporting that particular school last night. *sigh* At least that would mean the pizza would be fresh at the buffet.

Ahhh the buffet... the pizzas were in fact freshly placed on the buffet. I served plates for myself and Cabbage Patch while K took care of Super Girl and himself. I found a table (I had to stand by the dirty table while the bus boy took his sweet time in clearing to get a table) and we all partook in some of the worst pizza I've had from a CiCi's. I've eaten at this CiCi's before and it although it's never been WOW! it's never been this bad. One variety of pizza was horrible and neither K or myself would eat more than one bite of it. Ewww. This happened to be the only piece of pizza that Cabbage Patch WOULD eat. K and I looked at her with bewilderment - she generally only eats the peppironi and cheese off her pizza but last night she ate that whole piece of shitty tasting pizza - go figure.

The walk back was uneventful as K let the little monster ride on his shoulders most of the way back. Once home I had a seat to check messages and was assaulted by a putrid smell. Looking around for the offending smell I discovered it was in Cabbage Patch's undies (she was complaining of not feeling well at CiCi's before she snarfed her nasty pizza). As this needed to be taken care of imediately, I sent her to her dad to clean up (hey, I'm off shift when he get's home).

So although my day had vasty improved, it still managed to end on a poopy note. ;o)

No comments: