Tuesday, November 23, 2004

The WHOLE Fucking Week!

That's how long Super Girl is off from school. It's day two of her break and I'm seriously considering suing the county for wasting my tax dollars that are supposed to be going to paying teacher salaries. I have never been more supportive of year round school than at this very moment.

Why does my kid get a whole fucking week off for Thanksgiving? I mean really. I don't recall ever getting a week off for Thanksgiving. Why do they need the WHOLE WEEK off? I'm looking forward to going to work on Thursday and Friday (and the weekend as usual).

Don't get me wrong I love my progeny dearly. I just don't see why one needs a week off right now. See screwing with the offsprings schedule is a disasterous proposition. As in my home becomes a disaster in a matter of seconds.

This is how my morning went. 7:20 AM I am awakened by the sound of Super Girl wanting breakfast. 15 minutes later Cabbage Patch joins us downstairs. I go to kitchen to make her breakfast. When both are eating I leave room (my first mistake) for a moment, when I return the tsunami of toys has over taken my living room floor. As I wade through the flood of toys and crap littering the floor I discover soggy Cherrios (with my bare foot no less) on the floor. 8 AM, breakfast is finish the requests for the clean up crew begins. 9 AM the requests continue. 9:30 AM the requests get more urgent. 10 AM the requests get more desperate (and angry). 10:15 AM my head spins around 7 times then pops off my neck and flies around the room like someone let go of an inflated balloon. When my head reattaches itself to my neck it's just an angry looking skull with flames shooting out of the eye sockets. The unearthly voice coming from the mouth is mine but sounds as though it's come from the very bowles of hell as I bark out orders and threats to the Tiny Terrorists. 'PICK UP YOUR DAMN SHOES!' is repeated more times than I can count but eventually the army of toys is beaten back and forced to retreat to their holding areas and every last scrap of damn paper is picked up off the floor. I was able to vaccuum and am pleased that all the sofa cushions are ON the couch. About the time I went to make lunch my skin returned to my skull and I extinguished my flaming eyes. Yes it really did happen that way, you're invited to the next incident, no flash photography please.

Things are back to normal for the moment but I'm still wishing they made Valium in a childrens chewable tablet.

On days like these occasionally I'm reminded that when Super Girl was an infant I had this insane thought of home schooling her. Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha!

Okay now it's time for my first cup of coffe for the day.

No comments: