Monday, March 21, 2005

My Ben & Jerry's Boycot!

So last night after a delightful dinner of Mexican food, K and I were talking about Starbucks and I had the overwhelming urge to HAVE a Frappuchino (I don't like their coffee, just the frappuchinos). I was preparing to make a u-turn and head back to the Starbucks I knew of when K informed me that there was a NEW Starbucks at the NEW shopping center and I didn't have to make a u-turn. I was all giddy with the word NEW, NEW, NEW and Starbucks that I happily went.

As I pulled into the shopping center and headed for the Starbucks with images of a tall Frappuchino with whipped cream on top dancing through my head, K made an excited noise. I looked to where he was motioning and saw... a brand-spaking-new Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Store. All thoughts of frappuchino went out the window (well most) as I guided the car to a parking spot in front of Ben & Jerry's. The store was inviting and brightly lit with a big cow mural on one wall - how could I resist. The Little People were nearly convulsing with excitement as we entered the store and chose what flavors. Everyone got a small container of ice cream. Now small is VERY small, think dixie cup size. I figured something that small couldn't cost more than a buck. I nearly choked on my coin purse at the register when the happy manager person cheerfully said $11.91. WHAT????? $12???? WTF??? Turns out the tiny dixie cup size cost $2.75!!! Fuck! Of course I had no alternative but to pay as my progeny had already scampered off with their overpriced prize and were happily consumeing it. For $2.75 I could have bought a pint of ice cream at the store! DAMN!

I was disenchanted with the ice cream shop at this point. Grumpy at the price. I didn't enjoy my pricy ice cream, I was still gaging from the PRICE.

So now I boycot Ben & Jerrys and their high priced ice cream! (actually I just won't go there anymore, might still buy it at the grocery store) And I feel cheated, I didn't get my frappuchino! (which would have cost me considerably less!)

No comments: