Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Unproductive Tuesday

My goodness I'm tired and I don't feel like I've really accomplished crap today. I even worked extra for an hour and a half. I think it's the rain. And SPRING BREAK. Damn that combo.

The only good thing about the combo is that Cabbage Patch is still clinging to her Southern Belle act of watching TV from my bed whilst parlaying a headache (which conveniently only emerges at the mention of work). Normally this wouldn't fly as they are only allowed 1 hour of television during the week days, but it's Spring Break, it's RAINING and for fucks sake the last thing I want to hear is the Tiny Terrorists fighting over who's singing the wrong words to the Scooby Doo theme song or who's going to get the latest and greatest (not so much) toy they see advertised (hint: neither of them).

Of course last night I was unpleasantly surprised by my discovery of not one but two halve eaten pieces of toast in my bed. Lovingly discarded by my very own progeny. Today I had a discussion with her that went like this, "Hey, ya know what I found in my bed last night?" "What?" "I found two half eaten pieces of toast." "oh." "Don't do that again. Do you hear me?" "I'm sorry mamma."

Moving on...

I did about 30 different Easter cakes today. Most of them small cakes, but some were bunny cakes and some were actually big chocolate chip cookies and not really cakes at all. I'm taking this as a sign that the whole Egg and Bunny holiday is approaching. Yay pagan holiday symbols made out of chocolate! Sorry, sorry, really I'm not making fun of the Christian holiday. I do love me some Easter chocolate though. Hey, I can't help it, I'm Jewish and all my holidays are about eating or not eating. I only wish we had one that was chocolate themed. Eight days of Chanukah but goodness who can handle eating latkes for eight freaking days? Certainly not I, and I think I'd have a heart attack by day 5 if I ate that much fried potatoes. Passover ushers in the 'Feast of Unleavened Bread' which just goes to show how very sarcastic Jews really are because honestly NO ONE can call matzo a 'FEAST'. And after a whole week of it, damn it's not feast, it really should involve little chocolates shaped like... one of the ten plagues or something like that. Hmmm... maybe not.

So tomorrows my day off and I'm hoping that I can distract the offspring enough to allow me to get some shit done. Or possibly a movie with the kids.

Wanna see some CAKE now? Of course you do!

This is the pretty pink and brown one I forgot to take photos of the other day. I know, I know, it's been done. It's still pretty and it's SOLD.
I LOVE this! The bunny lay on reminded me of the Happy Bunny. I had to fight the mighty temptation to put a caption on the bunny saying "Your pagan holiday symbols are funny." but I didn't. I wanted to, still do.
And... the BUNNY CAKE!
That's covered in coconut and airbrushed pink.
Damn cute, but too damn much work.

How your rainy Tuesday was delightful.

No comments: