Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Cold Ducks Went Hungry.

The Duck Feeding Party that was planned for my oldest's birthday didn't happen. I had been a little worried about the weather as a cold front had moved in. The begining of last week (when I started planning the lake party) the forcast said it would be cloudy and 54. Well as it got closer to Sunday the temperature started to drop. Sunday morning I left the house at 8 am to go to work - as usual - well it was snowing! ICK! Nothing was sticking to the roads, but there was snow in the bushes and grass - and MY CAR. Grrr... so I had to clean off my car before I left. The wind kept blowing all day and the temperatures didn't get out of the low 40's. The party was moved into our town house. Which worked out just fine, 2 of the kids who were supposed to come were sick, so it was just my little people and their cousin. The little people had fun, grandma and grandpa came as well as an Aunt. My poor little one, it sucks to have a February birthday here in Texas - you NEVER know what the weather will be like. Her first b-day it was WARM, the second it turned COLD that very day, her third she was EVIL hehehe and this one it was COLD and WINDY.

Well I need to go now, gotta head off to the store before naps, have just been waiting for it to warm up a bit.

No comments: