Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Yesterday's Adventures With The Little People

Ahhhh yesterday...... a day that was as trying as it was entertaining.

Here is how it went:

The kids sleep untill 8 am - which is rare - I make them a scrumptious breakfast of breakfast tacos - they both love tortillas. About 10 am my best friend from high school calls, we talk for about 5 minutes, during this time the little people go upstairs to play in their room (so they say), about half way through my phone call the oldest comes down and gets the broom. I tell her to leave the broom in the kitchen, she says she needs to sweep, I ask what, get a vague answer (should have been my clue that something was wrong), I tell her again to put the broom away, she continues up the stairs, pretending not to hear me. I get off the phone and head up stairs - I know that having the broom upstairs is not a good idea. As I reach the top of the stairs I see that she and her little cohort (sister) have poured the brand new container of cat litter all over the landing. Grrrr.... I tell them both to go sit on their bed so I can clean this up. 10 minutes of cleaning and funneling the cat litter back into the container later, I take both children downstairs for a much needed bath. I hope in and get bathed with them (ah such is the life of a busy mom, never a private bath). The kids get water all over the floor so I get out, wrap in a towel, throw down the other towels to dry the floor and go to the laundry room to get a couple more towels. On my return I see the oldest standing in the bath tub pouring something. I ask her what she's doing - no answer. I get closer. I see what it is. The brand new bottle of baby shampoo. AAAAAAAA!!! Mommy is angry now... or should I say AGAIN. Get the kids out of the tub, dried off and dressed. I tell the oldest that mommy is angry that she poured out that bottle of shampoo and not to do that again. Lunch then nap time. the littlest of the little people always goes down half an hour before the big one as the big one invariably wakes the little one and plays for a couple of hours. So I put the big one to bed 30 minutes later, in her daddy's room. Tell her to STAY in bed and GO to sleep. About 1:30 pm I hear her messing around with stuff, and the baby making noise... so up I go.... She's in her and her sisters room, she's poured the cat litter out on the floor AGAIN. AND she messed up her daddy's room. I clean up the cat litter... again. Close daddy's door. Put her in her bed - theaten her life ;o) and take the baby down stairs. She sleeps finally.

Later, daddy comes home. I tell him that the big one messed up his room. he goes up to change and comes down VERY angry. Seems the little one did more than just take the sheets and blankets off his bed. She poured out the new bottle of TUMS, poured out all the carpet fresh and ALL of his lube... all together. He was quite pissed.

Today, she's not getting to go upstairs with out momma. *sigh*

No comments: