Sunday, February 09, 2003

Cooking Shows

L - I'm totally with you, I absolutly love watching cooking shows - even if it's food I would never put in my mouth! I have never heard of the one you mentioned, I will have to look for it. I love watching shows like that. I did know a lot of thoes things, but I'm a total foodie - I love to cook and I love to eat (my wide hips are proof). One of my favorite shows to watch - but had some of the most vile food was Two Fat Ladies. One item I vividly remember was called a Scotch Egg - and it's pub food. It's a boiled egg, covered in sausage then breaded and deep fried! When all is said and done, it's about the size of a softball. I'm sure that consumeing just ONE of these would be enough to give one a corinary, but I'm damn'd curious if it tastes good! I used to watch this one show that came on PBS on Sundays, it was a chef who went to rural places in Louisana (where I was born) and shows how to make some of the old local dishes - he also does a little history into the food and the particular city or town it's native to. I love that show.

No comments: