Sunday, February 09, 2003

Saturday Night Movie

We watched Signs and Rush Hour 2 tonight. Here's my thoughts on it.

SIGNS
I was thorougly disapointed with this movie. It wasn't even half as scary as I was expecting. (although hubby was scared. hehehehehe) It was slow starting, and Mel Gibson, who I do consider to be a pretty good actor, was just stiff in this movie! I liked Joaquine Phoenix in the movie - although his part was very limited. I was disapointed that the movie was less about alien invasion and more about this former reverend's loss of faith and the things he goes through that bring it back. By the time that they were hiding in the cellar I was having visions of Return Of The Living Dead - and regretting not actually watching that movie instead. Predictable... Not scary... Sloppy story... Fell short.

Rush Hour 2

If you've seen the first one, you've seen this one. But I liked it. It was funny. Jackie Chan kicks ass, Chris Tucker is a riot - I loved the Michael Jackson impression. I know I'll see a 3rd movie if the make it, no matter how predictable it may be, it's just funny.

Well I should go to bed, I'm tired. I had a long day at work - got off at 4:30 pm and I know that I have at least 5 babies to take pics of before 11 am. Busy, busy...

No comments: