Friday, February 14, 2003

Emergency Survival Kit

Hubby and I were talking the other night about how the media is play up the terorist threat and advising that people put together a Terrorist Attack Emergency Survival Kit. Hmmm... that's kind of extreme to me... BUT since I do live in Texas and the tornado season will be here before we know it. Here is the list of things that are suggested for a Emergency Survival Kit.

Judy's Terroist & Natural Disaster Emergency Survival Kit

Battery-powered radio, flashlights, batteries
Got that flashlight and radio, need more batteries. Also need to add several CD's to listen to.

Whistle
Got it in the kids musical toys. I'll just pack them all in, it would be cool to be signalling for help with a tamborine and moraccas!

First aid kit and manual
Got to replenish the first aid kit, what do I need the manual for? I know how to put on a band aid! (actually I have taken CPR classes and First Aid classes)

Hard hats, dust masks and eye goggles
Hard hats? Can you get a 'family' set of hard hats? Dust mask? Can I just put a bandana over my face? How bout just sunglasses?
Duct tape
Where would be be with Duct Tape!!!

Fluorescent tape to rope off dangerous areas
Um... ok.... where would I find that in Home Depot?

Water
Got that. And Dr. Pepper

Food (canned, no-cook, packaged snacks)
Prepackaged snacks.... Twinkies!

Manual can opener
for twinkies?

Cash and credit cards
hmmm... ok, if I go somewhere that accepts credit cards, why wouldn't they accept checks?

Change of clothing, rain gear, and sturdy shoes
can they be pretty shoes?

Blankets or sleeping bags
got that

Fire extinguisher (A-B-C) type
got that

Infant and feminine hygiene supplies
mmmm... no comment.... no one wants to discuss that

Essential medicines and eyeglasses
Note to self, pack crazy pills.

Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of doctors and pharmacist
That will be on the crazy pills bottle

Food and water for pets
What? They can't eat twinkies and DP?

Large plastic bags for trash, waste, water protection
Protection? someone explain that to me.

Toilet paper and paper towels
Hmmmm.... this list is getting pretty long, I guess I'm supposed to have a big area for us to hole up in....

Charcoal grill or camp stove for outdoor cooking
Ummmm.... then why do I have to buy the supply of things that don't need to be cooked?

No comments: