Thursday, August 28, 2003

Seeing Spots

I cleaned my fish tank today. I hadn't cleaned it since before the new fish joined the tank - I mean I HAD cleaned it but not a real thorough cleaning where I take out all the fake plants for a good scrub and vaccuum the gravel and replace about half of the water. I didn't want to stress Aegir and Ran and have them die right away (although that would be the BEST time for them to kick it as I would be able to take them back to the store and get new fish). Well... not entirely true... but it sounds a lot better than saying I was just to fucking lazy to clean the tank. I was staring at the fish after the cleaning... counting fish (it's a habit back from when I'd go through a lot of fish) and I got a good look at Aegir and Ran - well fuck me but they are getting gold spots! Damn! I asked the clerk at PetSmart if they would stay their colors or if they would turn gold, she assured me they would not change colors (yeah, I know, why the hell would I take the world of some 17 year old making minimum wage scooping fish at the PetSmart). Well Ran my all white Ryukin now has a gold spot on her stomach and Aegir my blue Oranda (who did have a touch of gold on him to start with) now has large amount of yellow gold coloring near his dorsal fin and on his head bumps. Grrr....

I know I know... I'm sickly obsessed with my fish...

No comments: