Friday, August 29, 2003

What A GREAT DAY ALREADY!

So I get up to take hubby to work this morning so I can go visit A and see baby C. Hubby tells me that I need to step on it, because if he's even a minute late on Fridays he will have to go into the big boss's office to get his check and will have to endure a lecture on punctuality (he was 2 minutes late once and had to sit though that). So I hit the gas and get him to work with a couple minutes to spare, on the way home I'm almost to the main hwy and I get pulled over for doing 57 in a 45. I rarely speed - I just wasn't paying attention to my speed. I didn't have my insurance card in the car either - I do have insurance just no card in the car - I thought for sure he would write me a ticket for the no insurance and hoped he would give me a warning for speeding. Nope. I got a WARNING for no insurance and a ticket for speeding. I also got a warning for the registration being out on the car - haven't gotten that from the dealership yet - the cop told me to take care of that before the temporary tags expire or I could get a ticket. I think this guy didn't get his donut this morning and was in a pissy mood, when I asked him if he knew how much the ticket would be he said it depended on my driving record... uh... bullshit, I know it's a set rate for speeding - I called my sister (unofficial queen of getting pulled over in the Dallas area) to confirm that. Sheesh. Looks like I'll be doing drivers ed again. *sigh*

THEN I get home and THIS


was hanging out on my door jam. I didn't notice right off but Super Girl stood in the door way staring up at it and said "That's BIG." I looked up and said "Shit, that's BIG."


And of course I had to grab my camera because I thought "Fuck that's BIG! I better get a pic! No one is ever going to believe this shit." I was just hoping that it wasn't an antisocial spider who hates photographers.

Ahhhh.... but the enjoyment doesn't end there. I made breakfast for the little people - pancakes - then Super Girl decided she needed red jello to go with breakfast. So guess what ended up on my carpet? Yeah, jello. Now unless you have kids and have had a jello incedent before I'm sure you are thinking it couldn't be that bad, jello is mostly solid so you can just pick it up. Not so. Jello is designed to stay sold in a dish or on a spoon but turn to a lethal permanent liquid dye the instant it comes in contact with carpeting or childerens clothing. I had a LOVELY time scrubbing the HUGE jello sploch on my carpet.

I haven't even gotten a shower yet.

ahhh... it's not even 11 am, I'm sure the fun has JUST begun! ;o)

later...

As I was writing this the little people stole upstairs very quietly. When I finished writing (about 5 minutes) I went to check if big ugly 8 legs was still hanging out by the door - Yup. I slammed the door a couple of times hoping to make the big fucker leave, no luck. I briefly consider the usual spider disposal method but rule that out for two reasons - 1) I can only think of two cans of aresol spray anything and I know that one is only half full from the last time I had to dispose of a spider and 2) spiders generally jump or fall when initally sprayed then run off - meaning he'd have a damn good chance of running INTO my house and if that happened, hell I'd just have to abandoned this place and find a new place to live! So I got my blow dryer from my bathroom and blew him off the door jam. I HEARD him hit the ground when he fell. ICK! But he's gone now and I don't have to worry any longer about him dropping from his comfee spot to ambush me (although my deep sense of spider paranoia will force me to check there everytime I open the door). Score 1 for Judy, 0 for Evil Spider.

At least I have ONE victory for today - anyway after all the spider nonsense I look up the stairs and see Cabbage Patch soaking wet! I call for Super Girl - soaking wet also. I called them downstairs through clenched teeth and didn't dare go up to see WHAT they were doing. *sigh* I need a drink.

No comments: