Thursday, September 04, 2003

The Secret Of Parenthood – Don’t Laugh!

Last week I went to Wally-World with my sister. A trip to Wally-World is almost always traumatic just by virtue of it being a freaking Wal-Mart. Anyway, we were on a mission to find shoes for the little people to wear to the wedding (yesterday). In the kids department Super Girl was walking around and the effects of Wally-World had already sunk into her – in short she was being a little brat and not listening. She was hiding in the clothes and popping out. At one point she hits my sister. My sister tells her to stop and I tell Super Girl to come to me right now (in my best Wal-Mart mom voice). I tell her that she needs to apologize to her Aunt for hitting her. She starts arguing with me saying she DIDN’T HIT HER! I finally say she needs to apologize and that’s the end of it and she says “I’m sorry Aunt D for not hitting you.” I had to look away so I wouldn’t laugh.

No comments: