Sunday, February 01, 2004

Coon Ass

I can't believe I forgot to mention this. Last week when I got home from seeing my Sancho I saw a big fat raccoon by the dumpster. He barely gave me a look as I hurried past him. I'm fascinated with the raccoons - fascinated but still a little leery after the whole rabid-coon-dieing-on-my-porch incident, so I try to get pictures of them but try to keep a 'safe' distance. I rushed in the door and grabbed my camera then headed outside. Coon was still munching on garbage when I got back and I snapped a picture of him from about 15 or 20 feet away. He wasn't too impressed with the flash and decided to leave on the other side of the wall - which incidentally had better lighting than the side I was standing on, so brilliant me, I decided to head the coon off at the pass and I raced to the end of the wall and across to intercept the raccoon. When I got there I looked for the coon but didn't see him anywhere, I was just starting to think that he was either much faster than me or he jumped over the wall before I got there - then I looked down by the bushes right in front of me and guess who was staring up at me from under the bushes? The damn coon! He was maybe 2 feet from my feet! I let out a little surprised noise and backed up really quick, but fuck if I didn't already scare the raccoon who had now turned around and was running back the way he came. Shit. I if I had just snapped that picture when I saw him instead of worrying about my well being and getting rabies if he decided to rush me, I would have had the perfect raccoon picture. Damn. So this is all I got... coon ass.


No comments: