Wednesday, September 01, 2004

A Beautiful Day In The Hood

I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Ignore that last post.

I Am The Mayor Of Dorkville!

So last week I go to blow dry my hair straight and my blow dryer won't work. Hmmm... It's older than my children so I guess it's time for it to die. I don't throw above mentioned hair dryer away as I have a small drop of hope within me that maybe it's just tired and will work later.

Today, I wash my hair and really want it straight. I turn on dryer. Nothing. I press reset button on hair dryer cord. Nothing. I unplug hair dryer and mess with reset button on outlet. Nothing. Wait... Wait... I notice that no matter how much I push the reset button on the outlet, the button won't reset. Hmmm... Could it be? Maybe the dryer isn't broke. Maybe it's the outlet. Then I have a flash of clarity. I remembered that the day we attended the wedding (July 31), I was curling Super Girl's hair using the curling iron. At one point it made a popping noise then the curling iron wouldn't turn back on. I assumed that meant that the curling iron (also older than my children - maybe even older than my marriage) was broken and I tossed it in the trash. Super Girl's hair was finished thankfully. Today when I remembered that I wondered if maybe I had just overloaded the breaker. A trip to the breaker box answered that question. One switch was tripped. I rectified the situation and headed back to the bathroom. The hair dryer worked. I have lovely straight hair. Of course this means that the curling iron probably wasn't broke either.

No comments: