Sunday, August 29, 2004

An Entry From The Gerbil Diaries...

Dear Diary,

My stay here has now been over a week. I am still in the small enclosure. The walls are of an unknown substance that is smooth and I can see through it. It is not unlike the commune I lived in when I was young (ahh thoes were the days). I scratch at it several times a day but have not made any progress at an escape tunnel.

Apparently my captors are keeping me in solitary confinement indefinitly. My captors are huge giants who provide me with the basics, a place to sleep, water and food. They seem mostly benign even bordering on benevolent. However I am continually guarded by two shifty preditors. For some reason the presence of the preditors do not alarm the giants therefore I am untrusting of the giants. The preditors stand below me and stare at me with their hungry eyes. This is a constant. I am asumeing this is some kind of torture.

Speaking of torture how could I forget to mention the tiny giants. They are miniature versions of the giants and they make a lot more noise. Several times a day they peer into the enclosure and bang on the sides generally while I am sleeping.

Every day I am given an chance to escape as the giants remove me from the enclosure and allow me an escape attempt. It is always frought with danger and occasionally includes participation of the tiny giants which seems to up the danger of the game much more. Have I mentioned that during these exercises the giants hold me while the preditors watch from below? You have no idea the stress I live with.

I must go for now.

Bea (Bubonic Plague)


Yes I know I'm insane. I amuse myself though.

No comments: