Sunday, February 27, 2005

Fun At The Airport

So I'm in SA with XXX have a great time. *sigh* Just thought I'd fill you in on the fun one can have at the airport thanks to two wee children and on gay husband.

I got to the airport with plenty of time, go to the security check point, put my luggage on the belt, put my purse in the container, take off my shoes and put them in my container, take off my jacket and put it in the container, take off my shirt... oh wait.. that was later... anyway... I walk through the metal detector and wait for my items to get x-rayed. As I wait the security person stops the conveyor, re-checks the items and calls someone to take the container because theres SOMETHING there. It's MY purse. The man pulls me to the side and tells me that there are scissors in my purse. I say "What? Scissors? I don't have scissors." He informs me that Yes I do have scissors and proceeds to paw through my purse and produce a tiny pair of scissors. I've NEVER seen them before, my only explanation is that the Tiny Terroists planted them in my purse to add to the excitement of my trip. I told the guy he could throw the scissors away because I'd never seen them. He did, I went on.

Once in the terminal waiting on my plane, I decided that I would go ahead and get some thing to eat since I wouldn't arrive until 9 pm. I stand in the slowest line available deciding on getting a cheese burger and a small Dr. pepper. When it's my turn I open my change purse to discover that SOMEONE (read K) had purloined my MONEY! I had $2 and change. Enough to ge a medium drink. Which I did. Then cursed K.

Anyway... I made it, haveing a wonderful time, gotta get back to having fun now. ;o)

No comments: