Thursday, March 17, 2005

Happy St. Pat's Day

I remembered that today was St. Patrick's day and thought "Oh let me make sure to dress Super Girl in green!" then I remembered that K was at the hospital visiting with his dad before surgery and Super Girl was in a MOOD (can we say EARLY PMS???) and wanted to dress HERSELF by golly. So my kid is wearing a pink dress with pink hightops. No green. Not even green socks (which I would not be surprised for her to match up kelly green socks with that outfit or even a green one and a blue one, but she did head off with pretty matching light blue - not green - socks). I'm hopeing that she will figure out the lame excuse I used to give by saying "I have green eyes!" to avoid being pinched. I hated that when I was a wee child. Luckily as an adult most people are far to mature to give out pinches to those not clad in green... except maybe in a bar when it would be more fun to get a pinch than not to. ;o)

Gotta do something for the Little People since it's a LOVELY day here. I think we'll go looking for 4 leaf clovers - that should take up about 3 minutes until they are bored and running in circles yelling like wild animals while the veins in my forehead bulge and threaten to burst. Then we'll come back home and make shamrock cookies (green sugar cookie dough) which will probably look more like funky green blobs than shamrocks but the kids will still eat them and that's all that matters. I may let the kids make shamrock cards for grandpa - that is if I don't continue to get that annoying facial tick every time I think of the Tiny Terrorist wish green paper, glue and scissors. I think even the vaccuum cleaner is developing that tick.

Not sure if I'll do anything this evening, I'd like to but I did go out last night (albeit late and for not very long), it depends on how Bill is doing, if K will watch the Little People (and if they are being EEEEEEVIL) and where my friends want to go.

Happy day to everyone.

No comments: