Friday, March 18, 2005

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmm....

This article on a study that abstinence and teens who pledge to stay virgins until marriage are just as likely to have STDS. Hmmm.. sounds like that abstinence program endorsed by the current adminstration isn't quite working as they had hoped. Maybe if these kids were getting information on safe sex, not just abstinence they could/would make better and more informed decisions? Maybe? I know I'm such a rebel.

(my younger step sister signed such a pledge and ended up pregnant within a few months of that)

Now this is probably the MOST AMAZING NEWS EVER! (sarcasm alert) A study has confirmed that drivers with radar detectors speed more!!! I know, you are as surprised as I am. *eyes rolling up in head* What the fuck? Someone paid for a study to prove that people with electronic devices that detect police radar (ie radar that detects if you are speeding), speed - as in they buy the radar detectors so they CAN speed and not get caught and this is NEWS??? I want to find the person who paid for that study and get them to pay me to do a study to prove that people with cars tend to drive them.

No comments: