Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Spring Break Is Over! Woohoo!

With much joy and rapture, I sent Super Girl off to school. Spring Break lasted a week and a day, a week too long if you ask me. Luckily today was my day, just as my sanity was at its breaking point and my liquor supply at its end.

So now I sit here sipping the last of my coffee enjoying the much quieter level of noise in my house, knowing that at least until 3:45 pm I won’t have to ask ‘What are you girls doing??’ after hearing a loud crash from upstairs, feeling confident that the mess I clean up this morning will stay cleaned up (for the most part) and knowing that I won’t hear ‘MOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!! She hit me/touched me/pushed me/took my doll!!!!’ 500 times in the next 10 minutes. I honestly don’t know how some people homeschool their children, I admire them, but don’t understand them. 24/7 with your kid gets to be nerve wracking. At least for me that is.

Virus GONE! Trail Mix Still Here.

Of course now that Super Girl is back in school, that means the clean up will now start. I’ve managed to vanquish the virus from my computer (at least I believe I have) – a little thank you to everyone who helped in that grueling process. The trail mix seems to still have a hold on my domicile. I continue to find nuts and raisins. My living room floor is still littered with plastic Easter eggs as well. Trail mix and aforementioned eggs will soon vacate my living area and reside in the garbage – and luckily since Super Girl is at school, she won’t be able to rescue the damn plastic eggs. I’ll be parking Cabbage Patch in front of some animated movie (or CSI) so I can achieve a clean house.

Bad Mother Or Not?

Is letting my offspring watch CSI a bad thing? My kids LOVE CSI. Last night they chose CSI over cartoons. I reason that it is at least somewhat educational as they show a lot of forensic science. K sometimes gives me the raised eyebrow look when I say that. I know I’m right though. ;o)

Other Things

I’m getting ready to start on some projects that I need to get finished before Scarby. Luckily since Spring Break is now over, I can get things done with minimal interruption.

On other fronts, well I’m still very emotional about the whole relationship thing, but I think I’m moving to a point of just being sad and heart broke. I haven’t cried about it in a while. Still hurts to see pictures of Michael and Loa. Still got that feeling that I lost at something and I really hate that and wish I could just shake it, but it is true, I did lose. Don’t even tell me it wasn’t a competition, because it was, I mean hell, most things in life are, why wouldn’t this be. I know I need to change my outlook on this and I am trying. It will happen, it is happening, just not fast enough for me. But I guess that it takes time, we were seeing each other for just over a year.

I may have a bunch more garb orders – paid orders! Woohoo! Still discussing exactly what is wanted, but it doesn’t sound impossible (actually pretty easy). Just waiting to finalize this.

Must go for now, got to change the bag in the vacuum and get all this trail mix up!

No comments: