Tuesday, March 08, 2005

What's In My Coffee???
or
I've Been Having Some Fucked Up Dreams


I've been dreaming some whacked out stuff lately. I've read in different psychological books way back in college about how dreams are just a manifestation of your thoughts or that they are a way of working through your daily stresses and close examination of them will lead to self discovery. Metaphysical type people believe they can fortell the future, etc. Some believe they are just short movies made by aliens played for us while the aliens do their probing on us... okay, maybe I'm the only one who thinks that... Anyway, I've been having some whacked out ones... If I'm to go by the 'self discovery' theory - this is what I've learned:

Even if have a snooty neighbor who is the mom of one of Super Girl's school mates, and she invites me over, I'll be all shocked when my cats show up, then I'll be slightly offended when she is irritated about the cats in her house, at which point I'll discover that I also have a dog, a little terrier who is the exact match for snooty neighbors dog, but instead of impressing her that we have matching dogs, she's still pissy. At the point that she leaves the room I'll wander off to gather my pets and my kid to get out of there and then it's my turn to be pissy as I discover that this SNOOTY neighbor has been stealing my kids socks!!! How dare her?? (This is a fact I would not know unless I go wandering through her house opening drawers.) The discovery of the sock theft will be too much for me, I'll gather my socks, cats, kid and pick up my idiot dog and leave, luckily for Snooty Neighbor, she'll be busy with a dinner party so there will be no nasty show down over stolen socks and rude invading cats or matching dogs. I won't much appreciate the dirty looks from her dinner guests (who are her inlaws) and will briefly consider giving my stupid dog to the woman holding the matching dog (because I don't like my dog) then I'll realize that is pointless to do as my dog is stupid and will come home to me.

As far as the metaphysical arena, I looked up some key items in an online dream dictonary and this is what I found:

Socks
To dream that you are only wearing socks, indicates your warmth and your flexibility of understanding. You tend to yield to other's wishes.

To see a single sock in your dream, may be a pun for hitting someone or being hit. Alternatively, you may have been hit with some surprising information or news.

(well I wasn't wearing the socks... but I found unmatched socks...)

Thief
To dream that you are a thief, suggests that you are afraid of losing what you already have. Perhaps you are feeling that you are undeserving of the things you already have. Alternatively, you may be overstepping your boundaries in some situation or relationship.

To dream that you are a witness to a theft, indicates that others are wasting and stealing your time, energy, and ideas.

Dog
To see a dog in your dream, indicate a skill that you have ignored or forgotten, but needs to be activated. Alternatively, dogs may symbolize intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. Your own values and intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and succeed.
To see a happily barking dog in your dream, symbolizes pleasures and much social activity.

Cat
for the cat lover, cats signifies an independent spirit, feminine sexuality, creativity, and power.

Okay so let's put this all together, I feel my time is being wasted by others and I want to hit them. My skill is being ignored or forgotten and I need to get with it. Also something about loyalty, generosity, protection and fidelity. I've got good values and a PARTY and some independent, feminine sexualty, creativity and power.

hmmm... yeah, right.

I'm sticking with the alien theory. Man I wish they'd quit with the damn anal probes!

No comments: